With juice cleanses, it can often get confusing figuring out what is safe and what is not, especially if you’ve never done one before. I am a health coach and detox specialist, and I support people daily through juice cleanses and detoxes.
1) Firstly, it is ok to supplement your juice cleanse with additional smoothies.
2) Secondly, it is ok to supplement your juice cleanse with nut milks such as almond, hemp or coconut milk for extra fat to sustain blood sugar balance and maintain energy levels.
3) Thirdly, it is ok to have steamed vegetables or a raw salad in between your juices if you feel your body needs extra food.
The purpose of juice cleanse is to give your digestion a break and a chance to rest completely from chewing and digesting focus on assimilating all your nutrients in liquids. Juicing is different from drinking smoothies because you are having just the juice without any pulp. The body can easily consume up to ten pounds of vegetables in juices, which would be very difficult to accomplish while eating vegetables with the fiber. Juicing is ideal for people with IBS, leaky gut, candida and even Crohn’s Disease.
1. In order to keep your digestion warm during the cooler months, you can add 1/2 to 1 teaspoon of warming spices — ginger, cayenne, nutmeg, turmeric or cinnamon — to any juice.
2. Many find consuming a digestive enzyme is helpful during juice cleanse, to enhance digestion.
There is no right or wrong when it comes to supporting your body with juices. Just remember to support your body with additional smoothies, nut milks or potassium broth so you avoid feeling tired or depleted during your cleanse.
This article excerpt is republished with full permission from MindBodyGreen. Do not republish without seeking and obtaining your own permission first.
A quick note from our founder-
Over the past year, my friend Dave at PaleoHacks has been working on a secret cookbook with world-renowned Le Cordon Bleu chef Peter Servold.
Well, today this new this new incredible Paleo Cookbook is finally available to be shipped right to your door for FREE
That's right as a special launch promotion, we're offering our brand new Paleo fat loss cookbook to you for free (Chef Pete lost 60 lbs using these recipes!) All you have to do is just cover a small shipping cost (international shipping is a bit more).
Get your FREE copy of Paleo Eats Here. (Grab this today, because we only ordered a small batch of these cookbooks for this freebie promotion, and they will sell out FAST!)