The richness of grass-fed butter; the tangy, refreshing fresh lemon; and a little kick of red pepper flakes pull this dish together. Traditionally served over noodles, zoodles are our Paleo answer for this classic dish!
Shrimp Scampi + Zoodles
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons (45 g) butter
- 1 lb (450 g) wild-caught shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 pinch crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- ¼ cup (60 ml) chicken bone broth
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) lemon juice (about 1 lemon)
- 3 medium zucchini, cut into zoodles
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 4 lemon wedges
1. Heat the oil and melt the butter in a pan over medium-high heat. Add the shrimp, cook for 2 minutes, flip, add the garlic and red pepper flakes, and cook for 1 more minute before removing the shrimp with a slotted spoon and setting them aside.
2. Add the broth and lemon juice to the pan to deglaze, scraping up any brown bits, and simmer for 2 minutes. Add the zucchini noodles and cook until just tender, about 2 minutes.
3. Season with salt and pepper, and add the shrimp and lemon zest. Toss well and remove from the heat. Serve garnished with a lemon wedge.
This article is reproduced with full permission from MindBodyGreen. Do not republish without seeking and obtaining your own permission first.
Article and recipe by: Sharon Brown, B.Sc., CN, NTP, Certified GAPS Practitioner, began her journey into holistic health first as a mother, after the birth of her second son. From the age of six months, he suffered from chronic sinus infections for which she spent five years attempting to heal with conventional treatments.
A quick note from our founder-
Over the past year, my friend Dave at PaleoHacks has been working on a secret cookbook with world-renowned Le Cordon Bleu chef Peter Servold.
Well, today this new this new incredible Paleo Cookbook is finally available to be shipped right to your door for FREE
That's right as a special launch promotion, we're offering our brand new Paleo fat loss cookbook to you for free (Chef Pete lost 60 lbs using these recipes!) All you have to do is just cover a small shipping cost (international shipping is a bit more).
Get your FREE copy of Paleo Eats Here. (Grab this today, because we only ordered a small batch of these cookbooks for this freebie promotion, and they will sell out FAST!)