The richness of grass-fed butter; the tangy, refreshing fresh lemon; and a little kick of red pepper flakes pull this dish together. Traditionally served over noodles, zoodles are our Paleo answer for this classic dish!
Shrimp Scampi + Zoodles
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons (45 g) butter
- 1 lb (450 g) wild-caught shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 pinch crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- ¼ cup (60 ml) chicken bone broth
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) lemon juice (about 1 lemon)
- 3 medium zucchini, cut into zoodles
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 4 lemon wedges
1. Heat the oil and melt the butter in a pan over medium-high heat. Add the shrimp, cook for 2 minutes, flip, add the garlic and red pepper flakes, and cook for 1 more minute before removing the shrimp with a slotted spoon and setting them aside.
2. Add the broth and lemon juice to the pan to deglaze, scraping up any brown bits, and simmer for 2 minutes. Add the zucchini noodles and cook until just tender, about 2 minutes.
3. Season with salt and pepper, and add the shrimp and lemon zest. Toss well and remove from the heat. Serve garnished with a lemon wedge.
This article is reproduced with full permission from MindBodyGreen. Do not republish without seeking and obtaining your own permission first.
Article and recipe by: Sharon Brown, B.Sc., CN, NTP, Certified GAPS Practitioner, began her journey into holistic health first as a mother, after the birth of her second son. From the age of six months, he suffered from chronic sinus infections for which she spent five years attempting to heal with conventional treatments.
A Quick Note from Our Founder
Have you been curious about losing weight eating Bacon and Butter? You're not alone!
Going "Keto" has helped so many of my friends drop weight and keep it off.
And it's the perfect time to try it because right now you can get a free copy of a brand new cookbook called The Bacon and Butter Cookbook
This cookbook is jam-packed with 148 delicious ketogenic recipes that will help you burn fat like crazy. Even stubborn belly and thigh fat won't stand a chance because your body will have NO CHOICE but to burn that fat for fuel!
If you've struggled to get rid of stubborn fat, you owe it to yourself to test-drive the keto diet and see how effective it really is. It'll be easy once you have this free cookbook...
HURRY, this FREE offer won't last long!