Before reaching for chemical sleep aids that may cause side effects and create dependencies, try the natural relaxation effects of reflexology!
Reflexologists use a map of the feet where all the organs, glands, and corresponding parts of the body are laid out. Using the chart above, here’s a 15-minute routine in four easy steps that you can incorporate into your bedtime ritual:
1. On the bottom of each foot, “walk” your thumb up from the base of the heel to each toe (imagine your thumb is a caterpillar inching its way up your foot), then press these reflex points with the outer edge of your thumb or tip of your forefinger:
- Head/brain (top of each toe) promotes clarity and positive thinking.
- Pituitary or “master gland” (center of big toe) stimulates/balances hormone secretions of all other glands.
- Pineal gland (outer side of big toe) secretes melatonin which controls our circadian rhythm/sleep cycle.
- Thyroid (base of big toe) balances metabolism.
- Neck/shoulders (ridge of toes) releases tension
- Chest/lungs (ball of foot) calms breathing.
- Solar plexus/diaphragm (under ball of foot in the center) encourages profound relaxation and peacefulness.
Author, Laura Norman, M.S., LMT, world-renowned Holistic Reflexologist and author of the best-selling book, Feet First: A Guide to Foot Reflexology, offers private Reflexology and Life Wellness Coaching sessions and Holistic Reflexology Training Programs in South Florida, The Berkshires and New York City. Laura has created aromatherapy products, unique step-by-step Foot, Hand and Face Reflexology Instructional DVDs to follow along and use at home, and offers beautiful gift certificates instantly online for all occasions. Visit lauranorman.com for more information.
This article excerpt is reproduced with full permission from MindBodyGreen. Do not republish without seeking and obtaining your own permission first.
A Quick Note from Our Founder
Have you been curious about losing weight eating Bacon and Butter? You're not alone!
Going "Keto" has helped so many of my friends drop weight and keep it off.
And it's the perfect time to try it because right now you can get a free copy of a brand new cookbook called The Bacon and Butter Cookbook
This cookbook is jam-packed with 148 delicious ketogenic recipes that will help you burn fat like crazy. Even stubborn belly and thigh fat won't stand a chance because your body will have NO CHOICE but to burn that fat for fuel!
If you've struggled to get rid of stubborn fat, you owe it to yourself to test-drive the keto diet and see how effective it really is. It'll be easy once you have this free cookbook...
HURRY, this FREE offer won't last long!