Oh my, this ooey gooey walnut butter is so velvety, rich, and decadent. You can eat it by the spoonful, as a fruit dip or atop your favorite raw crackers. My husband loves a few tablespoons of this walnut butter in his morning smoothie to give it an extra special flair.
This walnut butter comes together in less than 10 minutes in your food processor. If you have an extra 10 minutes to spare once a month I suggest you try this recipe out so you can stop spending the big bucks for those itty bitty jars of gourmet nut butters.
Walnuts fight prostate and breast cancer all the while giving you better sleep
Daily walnut consumption has been shown to reduce the risk of prostate and breast cancers. Research indicates that men who regularly consume walnuts cut cancer growth by 30% to 40%. For women, studies have shown that two handfuls of walnuts every day reduces the risk of breast cancer by half and also slows down the growth of the tumors by 50%. (1) Walnuts are also rich in melatonin which is linked to improving sleeping patterns. (2)
- 3 cups raw walnuts
- 1 cup raw dehydrated unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/8 cup raw coconut sugar
- 1/8 cup raw coconut nectar
- 1.5 Tbsp. cinnamon powder
- 2.5 tsp. cardamom powder
- Optional: add 1/2 bar of raw chocolate or 1 Tbsp. of raw cacao
- Add the walnuts, shredded coconut, coconut sugar, and coconut nectar into your food processor container. Blend until smooth and creamy (about 7 minutes). You may need to occasionally scrape down the sides of the processor container.
- Turn the processor off and add the cinnamon and cardamom. Turn the processor back on and blend until thoroughly incorporated (about 1 minute).
- Store in a sealed glass container.
- Note: most of these ingredients can be bought at your local health food store or online at Amazon or at RawFoodWorld!
This article has been republished with full permission from Raw Food World News. Please do not republish without seeking your own permission. It’s bad manners and bad karma! Thank you.
Sources for this article include:
Additional Sources and Studies:
Nutrition and Cancer: Dietary walnut suppressed mammary gland tumorigenesis…
Nutrition and Cancer: Cytotoxic effects of ellagitannins isolated from walnuts in human cancer cells
Nutrition and Cancer: Mechanistic examination of walnuts in the prevention of breast cancer. I find this study particularly interesting as it tests the blood serum of nut eaters when dripped onto breast cancer cells. The blood of the walnut eaters suppressed the growth of human breast cancer cells. So there are some components in walnuts that are absorbed into the blood stream and stop the growth of breast cancer cells.
Journal of Medicinal Food: …prostate tumor growth is slowed by walnut diets…
Nutrition: Melatonin in walnuts…
The Eden Prescription
WebMd: Walnuts May Fight Breast Cancer
Inspired by: existentialevolution.com
A quick note from our founder-
Over the past year, my friend Dave at PaleoHacks has been working on a secret cookbook with world-renowned Le Cordon Bleu chef Peter Servold.
Well, today this new this new incredible Paleo Cookbook is finally available to be shipped right to your door for FREE
That's right as a special launch promotion, we're offering our brand new Paleo fat loss cookbook to you for free (Chef Pete lost 60 lbs using these recipes!) All you have to do is just cover a small shipping cost (international shipping is a bit more).
Get your FREE copy of Paleo Eats Here. (Grab this today, because we only ordered a small batch of these cookbooks for this freebie promotion, and they will sell out FAST!)