This quick and easy coconut ice cream is as simple as open, pour, stir, blend, chill, churn and devour. As long as you can use a can opener, you can be chowing down on fresh vegan coconut ice cream in a matter of hours. Perfect for those of you who have written to me bemoaning the fact that you will never crack open a coconut! The only trouble with this ice cream is learning how to stop at one scoop! It is absolutely delicious.
It’s also really easy to make!
Coconut Ice Cream
- 2 cans of organic full-fat coconut milk
- 4 large dates, pitted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- dash of cinnamon
- pinch of sea salt
1. Chill the coconut milk cans in the fridge overnight.
2. Combine all ingredients in a high-speed blender. Blend until smooth.
3. Run the mixture through an ice cream machine as per instructions. If you don’t have an ice cream machine, place in the freezer in a large container and freeze until firm (approximately 4 hours), removing every hour to whisk with a fork.
This article is reproduced with full permission from MindBodyGreen. DO not republish without seeking and obtaining your own permission first.
Author, Mariana is a Certified Health Coach and Yoga Instructor. Mariana specializes on helping busy professionals balance nutrition, fitness and lifestyle goals by looking at how all areas of their life are connected. She believes that eating can be flexible, fun and rewarding.
A quick note from our founder-
Over the past year, my friend Dave at PaleoHacks has been working on a secret cookbook with world-renowned Le Cordon Bleu chef Peter Servold.
Well, today this new this new incredible Paleo Cookbook is finally available to be shipped right to your door for FREE
That's right as a special launch promotion, we're offering our brand new Paleo fat loss cookbook to you for free (Chef Pete lost 60 lbs using these recipes!) All you have to do is just cover a small shipping cost (international shipping is a bit more).
Get your FREE copy of Paleo Eats Here. (Grab this today, because we only ordered a small batch of these cookbooks for this freebie promotion, and they will sell out FAST!)