In one study, a group of cardiac patients were divided into two groups. One group received their medications plus a placebo, and the other group received their medications plus pomegranate juice. After three months, stress-induced angina episodes decreased by 50% in the pomegranate group and actually increased by 37% in the placebo group. (1)
In another study measuring atherosclerosis (thickening of the arterial wall), the major risk factor for a heart attack or stroke, a group of cardiac patients were divided into two groups. One group took statin drugs only, while another group received statin drugs plus pomegranate juice. In the drugs-only group, the arterial wall thickened by 9% a year, while the drugs plus pomegranate group showed a 35% reversal in arterial wall thickening. (2)
It is believed that pomegranates support the function of nitric oxide, which is involved in the constant repair of the cells that line the arterial walls. (3) An antioxidant, pomegranate was shown to reduce the oxidative status of the bad cholesterol by a whopping 90%. (4)
How to Open a Pomegranate
- Fill a large bowl with water.
- Using a sharp knife, make two deep, long slits on top of the pomegranate in the shape of a ‘x’ from stem to crown. Do this on a cutting board for more support.
- Place the pomegranate in the bowl of water.
- Put your thumbs where you made the ‘x’ shaped slit, and pry open the pomegranate into wedges and pull the wedges apart into manageable pieces. Do this underwater to prevent splashing the red juice.
- Gently remove the pith, while keeping the fruit under water. Then use your fingers to gently remove the red seeds. The seeds will sink to the bottom and the membrane and pith will float to the top.
- Pour out the water, reserving the pomegranate seeds. Gently pat dry the pomegranate seeds. Serve immediately or store covered in the fridge.
I recommend going for the seeds rather than a store-bought juice, as the juices often contain large amounts of sugar.
If you really want to get the full benefits of this amazing fall fruit, don’t throw out the white pith! It is rich in amazing bioflavinoids and micronutrients for your lymph, microcirculation, and even cellulite that are just not available in the seeds.
Pomegranates are in season, so now is the time! Nature is harvesting some of the best antioxidants and liver detoxifiers in the late fall, so be sure not to miss this year’s pomegranate harvest. Just 4 ounces of pomegranate juice a day will do the trick!
For more Info on Cardiovascular Health:
>>> Two Amazing Fruits Slash Your Cardiovascular Risk
A Quick Note from Our Founder
Have you been curious about losing weight eating Bacon and Butter? You're not alone!
Going "Keto" has helped so many of my friends drop weight and keep it off.
And it's the perfect time to try it because right now you can get a free copy of a brand new cookbook called The Bacon and Butter Cookbook
This cookbook is jam-packed with 148 delicious ketogenic recipes that will help you burn fat like crazy. Even stubborn belly and thigh fat won't stand a chance because your body will have NO CHOICE but to burn that fat for fuel!
If you've struggled to get rid of stubborn fat, you owe it to yourself to test-drive the keto diet and see how effective it really is. It'll be easy once you have this free cookbook...
HURRY, this FREE offer won't last long!