One of the joys of being a woman is hair removal. Smooth skin feels and looks great, but it can be difficult to achieve, particularly if you don’t like using dangerous chemicals on your skin. If you are looking for natural ways to get rid of unwanted leg hair, learn more about natural remedies that use items you have at home.
Why You Must Try Natural Leg Hair Removal
Home remedies have been used for decades, and in some cases, centuries. Since they tend to rely on ingredients that come from plants, fruits, and vegetables, you can feel good about what you are applying to your body. Conventional hair removal products are often full of chemicals that can soak into your skin during the hair removal process.
In addition, these remedies tend to be more effective than conventional treatments. As you rely more and more on natural remedies, you may find that your hair grows back more slowly and thinner. Permanently removing leg hair in conventional ways can be extremely expensive, with laser hair removal often costing $10,000 or more.
Egg whites are excellent and removing unwanted hair. Though they start off soft and gelatinous, they harden quickly. As the egg whites adhere to your skin, they bond to the hair and yank it out when pulled off.
- Mix 1 egg white with 1 tablespoon of sugar and 1/2 tablespoon of corn flour.
- Whisk the mixture rapidly until it forms a smooth paste.
- Massage the mixture onto your legs.
- Allow the mask to dry.
- Swiftly and firmly pull the egg white mixture off of your skin.
Sugar and Lemons
Both sugar and lemons have natural hair removal properties. Sugar can exfoliate the skin and loosen the hair follicle, while lemon juice’s astringent properties smooth the skin.
- Whisk together 10 tablespoons of water, 2 teaspoons of lemon juice, and 2 tablespoons of sugar. The sugar should mostly dissolve in the water.
- Rub the mixture on your legs, massaging in the direction of hair growth.
- After 20 minutes, wash the mixture off. Repeat 2 times per week.
You can quickly and naturally get rid of unwanted hair with papaya. This treatment tends to work over the course of a few days, so be sure to plan in advance if you want to try it.
- Put raw papaya into the food processor. The amount you use depends on how much skin you have to cover.
- Add 1/2 teaspoon of turmeric powder to the papaya and blend once more to combine.
- Once you have a smooth paste, apply the paste to your legs.
- After 15 minutes, rinse the papaya paste off.
Turmeric, in addition to being a great addition to your medicine cabinet, can help you with your unwanted body hair. Turmeric and water are the only ingredients you need for this remedy.
- Put 3 tablespoons of turmeric in a bowl. Slowly add water, whisking to combine. Stop adding water when a thin paste is created.
- Apply the mixture to your face.
- Rinse off after 20 minutes.
Red lentils have been used for many years to remove unwanted hair. Try this remedy two or three times per week.
- Grind 1/2 cup of red lentils.
- Add enough milk to make a paste.
- Apply the paste to your legs and rinse off after 20 minutes.
This Site Was Inspired By An Interest in Protecting the Environment
We had the privilege and joy of learning from Dr. Charlie Stine who instilled a love for the natural world through incredible field trips with the Johns Hopkins Odyssey Certificate program in Environmental Studies. At the time, the program was endorsed by the Maryland Department of Natural Resources. Sadly, after Dr. Stine retired, the program was phased out. We hope that we honor his legacy by shining a bright light on environmental issues and sharing good news about the success of various conservation programs when possible.
Subscribe to our email newsletter to get the latest posts delivered right to your email.